Since September 2023, The Avalon Hotel, in partnership with Kind Traveler’s Every Stay Gives Back program, has supported Animal Rescue on Catalina Island with The Marine Mammal Care Center (MMCC). The mission of MMCC is to inspire ocean conservation through marine animal rescue and rehabilitation, education and research. This program makes it easy to do what you love while feeling good about your impact.
Here’s How it Works:
Through Kind Traveler’s Every Stay Gives Back program, The Avalon Hotel donates $1 per night of every guest stay to support the MMCC. 100% of these funds go to the MMCC for the local Catalina Island rescue work.
More on the Marine Mammal Care Center (MMCC)
The MMCC leads the country in proper ocean conservation. With its overall goal of marine animal rescue and rehabilitation, education, and scientific research, this unique organization takes on a wide array of projects. Here are some of the extraordinary missions:
- Provide enrichment and rehabilitation to marine mammals.
- Treating the high prevalence of cancer found in the California Sea Lion.
- Clean up our coastlines to help keep our oceans trash-free.
- Studies the effects of climate change, our human impact, and its implications to the health of the sea.
- Teaches about the importance of eating sustainable seafood.
- Focuses on Cetacean (whales, dolphins, and porpoises) and Hawaiian Monk Seal Conservation
The Avalon Hotel’s Kind Traveler Impact on the MMCC
In these few short months, The Avalon Hotel has been a part of the Kind Traveler program; the impact has been absolutely remarkable. As part of the Kind Traveler program, where every stay gives back, we are proud to know that our boutique hotel is giving back to the coastline that we all know and love. Here are a few of the wondrous impacts that come with staying at our boutique hotel:
- Over $1,000 was raised in just three months.
- $1 is donated per every guest staying at The Avalon Hotel.
- Meals are provided to marine mammal patients in need.
- Meals are provided for one day for one marine mammal patient, with Marine Mammal Care Center for every $10 donated, advancing the Island’s ocean conservation efforts.
- 100% donated to charity.
You can donate directly to sick and injured marine mammals.
Feel good about the impact of your traveling with a stay at The Avalon Hotel, where every stay has a positive effect on the environment now that we are a part of the Kind Traveler’s Every Stay Gives Back program. With the Marine Mammal Care Center being our patron in this program, we can give back to our coastal community’s heart and soul: the ocean. Know that your stay at our boutique hotel by the sea directly benefits ocean conservation, research, and education. Travel kinder—book your stay now.