When planning your vacation or weekend getaway at The Avalon Hotel on Catalina Island, be sure to check our current packages. Choose one of our seasonal specials and combine some fun local activities with our lodging for a memorable stay off the coast of Southern California.
Catalina Island Hotel Deals & Specials
Avalon-tine's Day - Love is an Adventure PackageSelect DatesCost: Romantic Adventure Package starting at $969 mid-week
Celebrate your love on “Avalon-tine’s Day” with an adventure-filled getaway. Choose either a sunset cruise or a beautiful mountain bike trek with a two-night stay. This special Valentine’s package also includes:
- 2-night night stay in a luxurious room with king-sized bed.
- Sweetheart’s Bouquet – a half-dozen roses.
- Box of dark chocolate truffles from Lloyd’s of Avalon.
- 2 round trip tickets on the Catalina Express ferry.
- A complimentary bottle of wine or champagne on our roof-top deck.
- Fresh continental breakfast with mimosas.
Your choice of romantic excursions – either:
- 2.5 hour Sunset Cruise with Catalina Adventure Sailing off the rugged east end of the island, cruising by a seal rookery and Church Rock.
- Bike Catalina’s – Mountain Bike Downhill Trek. Shuttle to Airport in the Sky Restaurant for breakfast or lunch then bike 10 miles back to Avalon through the island’s rugged interior (six miles are a wild ride down hill).
Throughout your stay our experienced concierge staff can help you with customized recommendations for romantic dinner spots and other couple’s activities on the island.
All this for just $969 per couple* mid-week or $1,234 weekends.
Upgrades available for Balcony or Ocean View rooms.
This package is available through February 28, 2023. (subject to availability of rooms and activities – please allow a minimum of four day lead time for adventures.)
Click “Select Dates” above, enter dates in booking engine and select “Avalon-tines Day Package” for the room you desire.
In checkout, under “Special Accommodations” please indicate ferry times you would like and which days and times you would like for your excursion. Or call us at 310-510-7070 between 8 am and 7 pm and our innkeeper/concierge will joyfully make your desired arrangements.
Best of Winter Discount Catalina Boat & Hotel PackageBook NowCost: Starting at $515 per couple in a Garden View Room
Catalina hotel and ferry boat ticket package deal bundled for discounted price. The off-season means no crowds and great pricing. This package includes:
- 2 round-trip tickets on Catalina Express
- Taxi to and from the boat to hotel
- 2-night stay in a Balcony View room for 2 guests
- Continental breakfast in koi garden patio
Starting at $515.00 for a Garden View King or $547.00 for Balcony View Queen including tax. (other upgrades available)
Special Conditions: Valid November 6, 2022 to March 16th, 2023. Midweek only – Sunday through Thursday. Holidays and Special Event dates excluded.
Click “Book Now,” select your check-in and check-out dates and choose the “Best of Winter” rate when picking available room type.
What can you do during the off-season on Catalina Island?
After the summer crowds and extended Indian summer come the months between November through March, which is considered the “off-season” on Catalina Island. This means crowds are low and savings are high, which offers you an opportunity to take advantage of our Best of Winter – Catalina Express Package. First, pack your bags. Second, park your car. Third, pick up your ferry tickets and climb aboard the Catalina Express. Once booked through our website, this Catalina Express Ferry Boat and Avalon Hotel Package allows you to enjoy a midweek boat ride across the channel on the Catalina Express. This high-speed ferry whisks you to the island in just over an hour. Soon you’ll be relaxing in your hotel room at The Avalon Hotel on Catalina Island.
How about a three-hour hike to the “backside” to see the rugged, windward side of the island? Or take an ocean-side stroll along the Via Casino past the iconic theater and ballroom. Then meander down to the beautiful Descanso Beach to rent a kayak, stand-up paddle board or just enjoy a beverage at their seaside bar. Additionally, other off-season favorites are Golf Cart Rentals or Brown’s Bikes that can whisk you off to the famous Wrigley Memorial and Botanical Garden. Other great ideas are available at Love Catalina, the website for the island’s chamber of commerce. Plan a day of fine dining by checking their Restaurant Current Hours Page, updated weekly. In addition you can check out more Things To Do on our website to round out your visit.
Up on the Roof
At the end of the day, take a beverage up the stairs to the 4th floor and enjoy it while watching the sky put on a dramatic show from our rooftop deck. The end of a perfect, unrushed day on Catalina Island.
Click “Book Now” to proceed with reserving this package.
3 Nights on Catalina - Free Night or Free FerryBook NowCost: As low as $538 per couple total with taxes
For a limited time, book 3 nights at The Avalon Hotel, any room and either get two round trip ferry tickets thrown in for free or get one of your night’s stay for free.*Read More...
- 3 nights in any of our room types
- 2 round trip boat tickets on Catalina Express
- On-island taxi transfers to and from hotel
- Extended continental breakfast in our koi garden
- Lined robes, beach chairs, beach towel and beach bag to borrow
- Complimentary in-room beverages
*Least expensive room night is complimentary night. For new reservations only. For travel completed before Feb 1, 2023. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Reservation can be made by clicking “Book Now” above and look for corresponding rate types for your choice or by calling 310-510-7070 8am-8pm daily to speak with a personal concierge to help you plan your visit.
Catalina Hotel Gift CertificateBuy Now
Give the gift of a beautiful stay on Catalina Island at The Avalon Hotel with a gift certificate. Available in any dollar amount over $25 and redeemable any time.Read More...
A Unique Gift Idea Anyone Will Love
Make the perfect choice for an elopement or honeymoon gift. Help them celebrate a special anniversary or birthday by purchasing a Catalina hotel gift certificate from The Avalon Hotel. During the holiday gift-giving season, The Avalon Hotel gift card says more than “Merry Christmas.” It says, “Go make a memory on us.”
Just click the Buy Now button, and then fill out billing information, recipient information and select if you want the certificate emailed electronically or a physical paper certificate sent via US Mail. Just like a gift card, The Avalon Hotel Gift Certificate does not expire and is easy to redeem. Recipients just reference the certificate number when reserving a room and it’s applied to the cost of room stays or packages that include transportation, services or tours reserved through the hotel.
Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions:
- Gift certificates may only be used for whole or partial payment for room bookings.
- Gift certificates are redeemable subject to availability at The Avalon Hotel.
- All room bookings exchanged for gift certificates must be pre-booked and presented upon check-in.
- Gift certificates may not be exchanged wholly or partly for cash.
- The Avalon Hotel does not accept responsibility for the loss, theft or alteration of gift certificates.
- The Avalon Hotel reserves the right not to accept damaged or defaced certificates.
- The Avalon Hotel reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without further notice.
Sea & Summit Adventure PackageCost: Starting at $4,200 per couple and varies based on custom choices
Your Sea & Summit adventure package starts here at The Avalon Hotel. In the heart of Avalon about 300 feet from the ocean, you can wake up in the morning with an ocean sunrise and gentle sea breeze with fresh air.Read More...
Design your own custom package:
First, choose a limousine to the Island Express Helicopters from the LA/Orange County area.
Second, travel by helicopter to Catalina Island on a charter with others, or privately from Long Beach, CA.
Finally, once you reach the island, you’ll be taxied to our hotel, where you’ll enjoy:
- Complimentary champagne or wine
- Three nights in a premier ocean view room
- 80-minute couple’s spa treatment at a nearby day spa
After you’ve experienced the ultimate in relaxation you may choose to arrange an additional tour:
- A private helicopter ride over the Island
- All-day or half-day Jeep tour of Catalina’s rugged interior
- Snorkel or Scuba Dive
Our Sea & Summit Package allows you to relax and unwind on Island Time. Call The Avalon Hotel at 310-510-7070 to book your custom package.
Please note: Local tour operators sometimes change their tours, and we can only offer what is available during the season you are traveling, and when tours are operating.