When planning your vacation or weekend getaway at The Avalon Hotel on Catalina Island, be sure to check our current packages. Choose one of our seasonal specials and combine some fun local activities with our lodging for a memorable stay off the coast of Southern California.
Catalina Island Hotel Deals & Specials
Spring Breezes on Catalina Island Boat & Hotel PackageBook NowCost: Packages start at $349 per person - 2 night, double occupancy required
Spring on Catalina Island can be magical.
With a wildflower Superbloom expected on the island and a high level of marine mammal sightings off the coast make the early spring a perfect time to visit the island for nature lovers. We make it easy with this bundled, mid-week package of round trip ferry tickets and two nights in a luxurious hotel room. Plus choose from a couple unique adventure activities: mountain biking the wild island interior or sailing excursion off the pristine coast as optional add-ons.Read More...
This year’s unusually high rainfall is sure to bring a Superbloom of wildflowers, including lupin, Indian paintbrush, poppies, mariposa lilies and bush sunflowers to the interior of the island. Plus the rugged hills will be lush with tall grasses, scrub oaks and flowering cacti as mule deer, Catalina fox and the ever popular American bison roam the pristine, wild interior. Guests can trek into these wildlands via the Trans Catalina Trail (TCT), a guided Jeep Eco Tour or via mountain bike through the guidance of Bike Catalina.
- 2 round trip tickets on the Catalina Express cross-channel ferry.
- Complimentary taxi from Avalon port to hotel.
- 2 night, mid-week stay in one of Craftsman-style guest rooms.
- Extended Continental Breakfast in our private Koi Pond Garden.
- Shuttle to Airport in the Sky and Mountain Bike back past wildflowers through rugged interior hosted by Bike Catalina.
- 2-3 hours aboard Catalina Adventure Sailing to cruise along sheltered side of island or sunset cruise past east end of island to view the open Pacific.
- Private jeep tour of the interior to track down Catalina wildlife, see pristine beaches and coves and seek out the Superbloom of wildflowers.
Please call 310-510-7070 or book online to reserve. Look for “Springtime in Catalina w/Ferry package when selecting your mid-week dates.
What else can you do during the Spring season on Catalina Island?
If you enjoy the outdoors, how about a three-hour hike to the “backside” to see the rugged, windward side of the island? Or take an ocean-side stroll along the Via Casino walkway and past the iconic theater and ballroom. Then meander down to the beautiful Descanso Beach to rent a kayak, stand-up paddleboard or just enjoy a beverage at their seaside bar. Additionally, other off-season favorites are Golf Cart Rentals or Brown’s Bikes that can whisk you off to the famous Wrigley Memorial and Botanical Garden. Other great ideas are available at Love Catalina, the website for the island’s chamber of commerce. Plan a day of fine dining by checking their Restaurant Current Hours Page, updated weekly. In addition you can check out more Things To Do on our website to round out your visit.
Up on the Roof
At the end of the day, take a beverage up the stairs to the 4th floor and enjoy it while watching the sky put on a dramatic show from our rooftop deck. The end of a perfect, unrushed day on Catalina Island.
Catalina Hotel Gift CertificateBuy Now
Give the gift of a beautiful stay on Catalina Island at The Avalon Hotel with a gift certificate. Available in any dollar amount over $25 and redeemable any time.Read More...
A Unique Gift Idea Anyone Will Love
Make the perfect choice for an elopement or honeymoon gift. Help them celebrate a special anniversary or birthday by purchasing a Catalina hotel gift certificate from The Avalon Hotel. During the holiday gift-giving season, The Avalon Hotel gift card says more than “Merry Christmas.” It says, “Go make a memory on us.”
Just click the Buy Now button, and then fill out billing information, recipient information and select if you want the certificate emailed electronically or a physical paper certificate sent via US Mail. Just like a gift card, The Avalon Hotel Gift Certificate does not expire and is easy to redeem. Recipients just reference the certificate number when reserving a room and it’s applied to the cost of room stays or packages that include transportation, services or tours reserved through the hotel.
Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions:
- Gift certificates may only be used for whole or partial payment for room bookings.
- Gift certificates are redeemable subject to availability at The Avalon Hotel.
- All room bookings exchanged for gift certificates must be pre-booked and presented upon check-in.
- Gift certificates may not be exchanged wholly or partly for cash.
- The Avalon Hotel does not accept responsibility for the loss, theft or alteration of gift certificates.
- The Avalon Hotel reserves the right not to accept damaged or defaced certificates.
- The Avalon Hotel reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without further notice.
Sea & Summit Adventure PackageCost: Starting at $4,200 per couple and varies based on custom choices
Your Sea & Summit adventure package starts here at The Avalon Hotel. In the heart of Avalon about 300 feet from the ocean, you can wake up in the morning with an ocean sunrise and gentle sea breeze with fresh air.Read More...
Design your own custom package:
First, choose a limousine to the Island Express Helicopters from the LA/Orange County area.
Second, travel by helicopter to Catalina Island on a charter with others, or privately from Long Beach, CA.
Finally, once you reach the island, you’ll be taxied to our hotel, where you’ll enjoy:
- Complimentary champagne or wine
- Three nights in a premier ocean view room
- 80-minute couple’s spa treatment at a nearby day spa
After you’ve experienced the ultimate in relaxation you may choose to arrange an additional tour:
- A private helicopter ride over the Island
- All-day or half-day Jeep tour of Catalina’s rugged interior
- Snorkel or Scuba Dive
Our Sea & Summit Package allows you to relax and unwind on Island Time. Call The Avalon Hotel at 310-510-7070 to book your custom package.
Please note: Local tour operators sometimes change their tours, and we can only offer what is available during the season you are traveling, and when tours are operating.