Q. Are there any other policies I should be aware of?
- Check-in is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
- The Avalon Hotel’s rooms and indoor spaces are non-smoking.
- Please don’t burn candles.
- Rooms are on upper floors, and the building does not have an elevator or bell services.
- Pets are NOT allowed at The Avalon Hotel.
- Rates are subject to government taxes.
- The rooftop deck is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Most weekend reservations require a two-night stay, and holiday weekend reservations require a minimum three-night stay.
- Deposit policy: You will be charged one night’s room charges plus tax 30 days before you check in. If booking on a 3rd party site, the first night is charged at booking time. Some packages will be charged in full when you make the reservation.
- Cancellation policy: If you have to cancel within 30 days, you’ll be assessed a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations made within seven days of your stay will be charged the first night’s stay.
- Packages and extras will be obligated to the cancellation policies of the vendors and partner businesses.
Q. Can we bring food/alcohol to the room and rooftop deck?
You are welcome to bring beverages and food to the roof deck. We ask that out of consideration for our other guests that you please keep the area tidy.
Q. Can we use the BBQ?
Unfortunately, the barbecue is not available for guest use but reserved for catered events.
Q. How many beds are in the rooms?
Most of our rooms offer one bed, although some rooms have a Murphy bed option.
Q. How do I get to the boat terminal from the airport?
Private shuttle service or taxi services are available for hire. Karmel.com is a favorite off island. Many taxi services off island have flat rates to the airports, be sure to confirm with the company first.
Q. Can you rent golf carts by the day?
Golf cart rentals are only available by the hour from the two companies on the island that offer that service, and no overnight use is available.
Q. Do you have a shuttle?
We do not have a shuttle, but we offer a complimentary taxi service to and from the boat.
Q. Will I need to present anything when I check in?
You will need to present a valid driver’s license or identification card as well as a valid credit card for incidentals. Unless arrangements have been made in advance, you will also need to present the credit card used to make the reservation. If you have any questions, please call the hotel directly.
Q. Do you have a restaurant in the hotel?
We do not have a restaurant on site, but Avalon has a wide range of restaurants.
Q. How far are you from the shops and restaurants?
We’re about a three-minute walk from Avalon’s restaurants and shopping.
Q. What if I would like to make a group reservation?
We consider a group to be a reservation of 4 rooms or more. For any group reservations, we request that you contact us.
Q. Can I use another party’s authorized credit card to pay for my room?
Yes. However, our hotel will only recognize a credit card on which the authorized payee’s name is clearly present and visible, copy of the payee’s identification and a credit card authorization form is completed and faxed back to our property. You can contact us for the Credit Card Authorization Form and for further instructions if your reservation will have a third party payee.
Q. What are your hotel policies?
You can find our hotel policies on our About Us page where you will find our amenities details, check-in and check-out time, pets and extra person policies, and our hotel’s cancellation policy.
Q. Are my credit card and personal details safe?
Yes, when you book your stay via the Think Reservations booking engine, we ensure to take every safeguard possible in transmitting and storing any personal data including SSL Encryption and other PCI compliant standards.
Q. How do I cancel or modify my reservation?
Simply follow the instructions to modify or cancel your reservation found in your Reservation Confirmation Email. Alternately, you can find the link to Cancel or Modify Your Reservation in the footer of the hotel’s website. Please note, your reservation is not canceled until and unless you receive an email confirmation for the cancellation.
Q. How can I make a special request?
It is best to call us directly; however, we do have an email address, and we can communicate via email, but we are limited to what we can provide via email. No reservations can be taken via email, you may book online in a secure website.
Q. How do I know if my reservation is confirmed?
As soon as you have completed the booking process, you will get a confirmation email. Items such as boat tickets will need to be made and additional calls and email confirmation will need to take place, if something is time sensitive, please call.
Q. Can I make a reservation without a credit card?
No. Sorry, we require a major credit card to guarantee your room reservation. Please review the terms and cancellation policy before making your reservation.