During these challenging times with the COVID-19 Pandemic, we deem it essential to inform guests of guidelines and processes at our hotel in order to provide as reassuring an environment as possible for our guests and associates.
Hotel Housekeeping in a Post COVID-19 World
Specially Trained Cleaning Methods
Here are some measures we have implemented to work towards a more sanitary and reassuring experience, for all:
- All of our staff have been trained on ‘Universal Precaution’ methods
- All laundry is bagged and sealed in room
High-Touch Spaces Cleaning Procedures
The housekeeping staff have been trained to look at the guest rooms differently and clean all of the areas that are touched regularly with disinfectant:
- Door jams, the sides of doors (just above the handle)
- Remote controls
- Sides of shower curtains
- Tops of headboards
- Electric sockets and around charging stations
- Chair frames
- Showerheads + shower valves as always
- Hair dryers – the body, plug, and cord
Special Cleaning Procedures
We have also implemented processes to clean the areas that most people seldom think of:
- Add disinfectant to all rug shampoo operations
- Added hand sanitizers on each floor and hand sanitizers in each room
- Modified breakfast procedures with guest usable disposable gloves and sanitizers in the service area available.
- Breakfast can be eaten outdoors or in your room.
- Ellumi Biocide lighting has been installed in every guest bathroom.
- More frequent use of black lights in room inspections.
- Remote controls are placed in sanitizing box.
- In our outgoing receipts of stay, we ask to be informed of any guests that exhibit influenza-like symptoms within 7 days of departure.