A Boutique Hotel in the Heart of Catalina Island
UNIQUE OCEAN & GARDEN VIEW CATALINA ISLAND LODGING OPTIONS AT THE AVALON HOTEL
As a guest of the Avalon Hotel, you will experience a whole new level of Catalina Island lodging. Each guest room at our boutique hotel on Catalina Island offers thoughtful touches like handmade natural soaps and fully lined bathrobes. Some of our Catalina Island guest rooms are uniquely configured with balconies ranging from a traditional balcony to wrap-around style balconies that offer sweeping views of Avalon and the harbor. All of our Catalina Island lodging options include comfortable beds, premium linens, flat-screen TV’s with cable channels, a desk, a microwave and refrigerator, and private bathrooms. Select rooms at our boutique hotel on Catalina Island include a wet bar and an option of a Murphy bed.
The Avalon Hotel Features & Amenities
- Direct Dial
- Bath Robe
- Champagne, wine or beer (For An Additional Fee)
- High-Speed Internet
- Baggage Storage
- Electronic Device Charging Station
- Cable TV
- Air Conditioned
- Non Smoking Rooms
- In Room Safe
- Shuttle Service from Avalon ferry or helicopter
- Family Rooms
- Concierge Service
- Alarm Clocks
- In-Room Coffee
- 2 Bottled Waters complimentary at check-in
- High Definition Flatscreen Television
- Wireless High-Speed Internet (Free)
- Gift Shop
- No Pets Allowed (ADA Defined Service Animals Allowed)
- 24 Hour Coffee and/or Tea In The Lobby
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast
ADA/Accessible Features for the Overall Property
- Door hardware (lever, pull, panic bar, etc.) usable with one hand, without tight grasping, pinching or twisting of the wrist
- Areas of Rescue Assistance
- WCAG Level 2.1 Website
- Accessibility Equipment for The Deaf
- Staff is Trained to Offer Assistance to Ensure Accessibility
- People in Need of Accessible Features Can Book Accessible Rooms During The Same Time and Terms That Others Can Reserve Rooms
- Hotel shuttle with lift/ramp; however, we have contracted with a local vendor to provide this service to a disabled guest.
- Exterior stairs built so blind persons and persons with low vision will not hit their head
- Braille Signage throughout property
- All sidewalks and walkways free of any objects that pose a hazard to persons with low vision
- TDD Telephone
- Service Animals Allowed At No Additional Charge
- Key card reader positioned so persons who use wheelchairs may approach and operate the opener
- Fire alarms in the hotel have a visual alarm strobe light
- Breakfast Area on Ground Floor
- All Signs on The Property are Easy to Read and Free From Reflective Material
- TTY available at the front desk so that lodging facility personnel can communicate with persons who are deaf or have speech impairments
- 32 Inch Wide Openings to Common Areas
- Staff Has Access to Information About Guest Rooms
- Main Features of Hotel Accessible on Ground Floor
- Hotel corridors a minimum of 36” wide
ADA/Accessible Features Our Property Does Not Offer
- Accessible Routes To Fire Exits
- Front Door Bell
- All areas of the hotel are accessible by wheelchair – including a wheelchair accessible route from the accessible parking spaces to the facility’s front entrance and to the key areas of the facility
- Accessible Elevator
- Wheelchair Accessible Guest Room
- Wheelchair Accessible
- At the Check-In Counter, there is a Retractable Table that Extends for Wheelchair Level Access
- Accessible Registration Check-in Counter
- Wheelchair Ramp
- Connecting Rooms Available
The Avalon Hotel Policies
These are general hotel policies. Policies may vary per room type. Please check the accompanying room details accordingly.
Check-in Time: 04:00 PM
Check out Time: 11:00 AM
Currency: USD ($)
Extra Adult Cost: $10.00/Night
The front desk is open daily from 8 AM – 7 PM
To make arrangements for check-in please contact the property at least 24 hours before arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
We have a 31-day Cancellation Policy. If you wish to cancel or modify a reservation, you must do so by 3 PM 31-days prior to your arrival date. If you cancel or modify post the expiration of the Cancellation Period or you fail to show up, a no-show charge will be levied on your credit card for one full night plus tax. Non-refundable reservations cannot be canceled or modified – total reservation amount will be charged in case of cancellation or no-show. If you have to cancel within 30-days, you’ll be assessed a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 7-days of your stay will be charged the first night’s stay. Packages and extras will be pre-charged and obligated to the cancellation policies of the vendors and partner businesses.
The Avalon Hotel is located at 124 Whittley Avenue in Avalon, California. Our Catalina Island hotel can be easily reached by a relaxing hour-long ferry ride, or by a 15-minute helicopter ride. There are four ports available on the mainland of Southern California. We are within walking distance to many of the attractions in the City of Avalon; however, there are also shuttles, taxis, and busses available for guests who prefer not to walk.
The Avalon Hotel is a 1925 vintage hotel property and cannot readily accommodate a wheelchair and mobility access. At this time, we do not have a room that is fully ADA Accessible for mobility impairment for wheelchairs. We do, however, provide the accessibility features for individuals who face audio or visual impairment including braille signage and ADA A/V kits for our guest rooms.
The Avalon Hotel has hotel rooms that are 100% vape and smoke-free offering modern guest rooms with garden, balcony and ocean view rooms. We are pleased to offer our guests complimentary WiFi, concierge service, baggage storage, and complimentary shuttle service from the ferry and helicopter in Avalon. For an additional fee, beer, wine, and champagne are available. Additionally, a complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 7:30 through 10 AM.
Parking is on the mainland near points of departure and third party fees will apply.
Complimentary WiFi is available for guests.
Children and Extra Beds
Up to two children or adults can be accommodated in our family rooms, 101 and 201 at the Avalon Hotel. These rooms have one queen bed and one double-size murphy bed. There is no capacity for extra beds in any of our rooms.
ADA Defined Service Animals are welcome at our hotel. Absolutely NO PETS ALLOWED.
Accepted Payment Methods
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover. This hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize credit cards prior to arrival.
Terms & Conditions
This property is privately owned, and the management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and will not be responsible for accidents or injury to guests or for loss of money, jewelry or valuables of any kind. Once checked in, no cancellations. All linens are inventoried: missing or damaged linens will be charged. Any damages to hotel property will be charged an additional fee upon assessment. NO PETS ALLOWED. Guest rooms that have evidence of pet dander and/or odor will be charged a non-refundable fee for deep cleaning services, starting at $250. Any damages to hotel property will be charged an additional fee upon assessment. All rooms are NON-SMOKING, including vape and cannabis. Guest acknowledges that smoking is not allowed in a guest room. If anyone in guest’s party smokes in the guest room, guest hereby expressly authorizes hotel management to charge credit card the amount to reimburse the property for the additional cost of cleaning guest room, starting at $250. If your reservation has been paid in advance or you elect to pay by cash, a security deposit via credit card will be required upon check-in and will be charged in the event that damages outlined herein occur. The hotel takes one full night charge, taxes and third party costs 30 days prior to stay but does not accept cash deposits.