Frequently Asked Questions
- Check-in is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
- The Avalon’s rooms and indoor spaces are non-smoking.
- Please don’t burn candles.
- Rooms are on upper floors and the building does not have an elevator or bell services.
- Pets are not allowed at The Avalon Hotel
- Rates are subject to government taxes.
- The rooftop deck is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Weekend reservations require a two-night stay and holiday weekend reservations require a minimum three-night stay.
- Deposit policy: You will be charged one night’s room charges plus tax 30 days before you check in. If booking on a 3rd party site, the first night is charged at booking time. Some packages will be charged in full when you make the reservation.
- Cancellation policy: If you have to cancel within 30 days, you’ll be assessed a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations made within seven days of your stay will be charged the first night’s stay.
- Packages and extras will be obligated to the cancellation policies of the vendors and partner businesses.
You are welcome to bring beverages and food to the roof deck. We ask that out of consideration for our other guests that you please keep the area tidy.
Unfortunately, due to health code regulations, the barbecue is not available for guest use.
Most of our rooms offer one bed, although some rooms have a Murphy bed option.
Private shuttle service or taxi services are available for hire. Karmel.com is a favorite.
Golf cart rentals are only available by the hour from the two companies on the island that offer that service.
We do not have a shuttle, but we offer a complimentary taxi service to and from the boat.
You will need to present a valid driver’s license or identification card as well as a valid credit card for incidentals. Unless arrangements have been made in advance, you will also need to present the credit card used to make the reservation. If you have any questions, please call the hotel directly.
We do not have a restaurant on site, but Avalon has a wide range of restaurants.
We’re about a three-minute walk from Avalon’s restaurants and shopping.
We consider a group to be a reservation of 6 rooms or more. For any group reservations, we request that you contact us directly or use the form that is spawned when you select 6+ rooms in the Check Availability function above.
You can find our hotel policies on our Overview page where you will find our amenities details, check-in and check-out time, pets and extra person policies, and our hotel’s cancellation policy.
Yes, when you book your stay via the INNsight.com booking engine, we ensure to take every safeguard possible in transmitting and storing any personal data including SSL Encryption and other PCI compliant standards.
Simply follow the instructions to modify or cancel your reservation found in your Reservation Confirmation Email. Alternately, you can find the link to Cancel or Modify Your Reservation in the footer of the hotel’s website. Please note, your reservation is not canceled until and unless you receive an email confirmation for the cancellation.
During the booking process you can enter any special requests into the "Special Requests" box on the "Your Details" page. Once you have received your booking confirmation, you can follow up with the hotel directly to confirm that your request can be met. You can find the hotel’s contact details on the Contact Us page of our website.
As soon as you have completed the booking process, a confirmation page will appear in your browser session. This page shows all of your reservation details, including the booking number and your PIN code, so you can access your confirmation online. We will also send you a confirmation email with all of your booking information.
No. Sorry, we require a major credit card to guarantee your room reservation. Please review the terms and cancellation policy before making your reservation.